UPS Global Freight Forwarding/Supply Chain Solutions
- Effective March 23, 2020
- All IAF Services will be charged a Capacity Surcharge based on the below schedule:
- Arkansas-based Carrier
- Laid off 50 workers and drivers in response to automotive plant closures
- Emergency Situation Surcharge to begin April 1, 2020
- The Emergency Situation Surcharge will be applicable to all Time Definite International (TDI) shipments.
- It is not applicable to Day Definite International (DDI – road) or Time Definite Domestic (TDD) shipments. It also does not apply to our Life Science and Healthcare customers and DHL Medical Express (WMX) shipments.
- The Surcharge will be billed according to the below table:
- Effective Date 3/27/2020: FedEx Freight is no longer asking drivers to review restricted states, essential businesses, or commodities.
- FedEx Freight has implemented a Rapid Return process which will prompt the carrier to return any load to the shipper on a revenue bill, for a load sent to a closed consignee.
- This process change applies to all shipments regardless of Tariff.
- This further enhances the importance of shippers to verify the consignee will open to accept deliveries before shipping.
- Effective March 25, 2020 YRCW companies suspended reimbursement for service failures on Guaranteed and Time-Critical shipments.
- They are not expecting shipments to experience disruptions and priority will still be given to Guaranteed and Time-Critical shipments.